What is IWWA?
IWWA aims to establish and promote Integrated Solid Waste Management systems (ISWM) in western African countries by empowering all stakeholders participating in the waste management chain, through the reinforcement of institutional and legal frameworks and open transfer of knowledge and technology.
The initiative is based on high participation levels of the interested parties and focuses its activities on 4 target countries: Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal. As a representative sample of western African countries, IWWA also seeks to provide synergies for the establishment of ISWM across the region while raising public awareness.
- Project full title: Integrated Waste Management in Western Africa
- Project acronym: IWWA
- Grant agreement no.: 244188 – IWWA- CSA - CA
- Start date of the project: 01.06.2010
- Duration of the project: 24 months
- Consortium: 18 partners from 10 countries
IWWA is a Coordination and Support Action funded by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Programme Theme 6: Environment, including Climate Change.